My Convictions & Confessions

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello 2009!!

Happy New Year to all!

Indeed 2008 was another eventful year (Every new year will surely make this statement.). Many changes and event took place in 2008. Such as changing of a whole new team of leadership, many new ministries, many people been promoted to Saturday Life, personal mountain and valley experiences in 2008 as well. Mum got sick in 2008. New Presidents, many fallen ministers and MANY OTHERS.

But I do looked forward to 2009. I was quite excited when I was at the Watchnight Service (though it was not as fun as the previous watchnight). There was something in me just want to give to God my best praise, to thank Him for all the Mountain and Valleys Experiences of 2008. Somehow deep in my heart I just want to praise through 2009. Though things ahead may not be certain and unsure, just like what Pst Yang shared, to live closely to Ps 91. And my next year theme is Flexibility and New Wine Skin!!! Hahahaha. No la. I just want to flow with the river.. LOL.. ok ok fine.. forget about my theme. LOL

I believe 2009 will be a year of explosion for the youth ministry. Indeed we are in the best time and shape of this youth minsitry. Everything is just so in place and we are set for growth. I believe new school outreaches will be pioneered, communities will be impacted and many lives will be transformed and changed. Geners, my challenge to you is to go for God in 2009. Go for His presence, and Go for the souls out there who are yet to be saved! Get hungry for Him and get compassionate for the lost!

Anyway, had a fun time staying over in Church. Remembering the good old days with Donovan by singing some of our ANCIENT SONGS that we hardly hear now adays. It really brought back lots of memories and tears of our small beginning. I thank God for all that He had done in the past 8 years of my life and in the youth ministry and Church. (Some photos will be uploaded in Facebook. Check them out soon!)

Had a good talk with Cons as well. Hehehe. Dont worry, everything will remain as secret within that 4 walls. =) And Peh, thanks for helping me wash cup and make tea for me. LOL I'm honoured. We should spend more time together and dream for His Kingdom. =)

And I think my zone people are simply just crazy.. they didn't sleep at all, talk through the night! Then left Church in the morning to macdonalds for breakfast, then after that we went to catch a movie!!! And I think I am also crazy enough to join them to watch a show at 11 30 and the show that I've watch before (Ip Man). Then we go for our lunch at TM Foodcourt and then we went separate ways. After lunch I went straight to my brother's house for his house warming and I just slept from 3 pm all the way to 5pm. Came back home sleep from 5pm to 9 pm. LOL What a day!!!

Hahaha. Well. Its a brand new year, a brand new start. This is what I love about New year.. Its a clean page for us. Put all those bad memories and experieence behind, and start anew. Just as what the bible says, " His mercies are new every Morning..."

Thank you Jesus for all that You have done.. give me a brand new passion and hunger for You in this year 2009.

iPraise,
Jason Chua

No comments: