My Convictions & Confessions

Monday, June 1, 2009

A New Chapter Begins...

Finally, the day has come..

On the 31st May, my last service in Generations. 8 years of my life spent in there.

What is Generations to me..? (A question that PD asked in the Zone Leaders Retreat @ Batam)

Generations is...
1) My entire growing up life as a Christian..
2) My second family
3) My youth
4) My memories
5) My home

What are some things/meeting/memories/moments that I will never forget in Cornerstone/Generations?

1) The day that I received Jesus to my life on the 19th March 2000...

2) The day I got baptized at ECP on the 29th May 2000..

3) The Early Morning Prayer on Sunday. (The place where I learn and grew most spiritually)

4) All the toilets in Cornerstone! (That was my training ground..)

5) The tears-soaked altar area (changed to new already)

6) The stage that I stand before a generation of young people to lead them in Praise and Worship..

7) Meeting with Pastor Allen Claycomb (Now that You're Near worship version)

8) Warriors (All my childhood Christian friends.. gonna miss all of you)

9) My pandan cake birthday celebration & good-looked hair gel as a birthday present (I think Karen Mok's idea)

10) First Generations meeting @ Roxy Hotel (Helps was my ministry!)

11) E21 Chalet at Changi (Where JJ and I become ENEMIES!)

12) 5 Bible Studies @ Rhustik with Peh Han (My first Shepherd! Thanks Peh!)

13) Generations 1st Anniversary (Where Sabby and me lead worship together for the first time)

14) All the ministry/word of prophecy/experience/encounters with God @ the Auditorium (Nothing can take all these away..)

15) Get Real Youth camp! (Our very first youth camp...Where all the romance started..)

16) Enlisted Youth Camp! (Camp that is full of God)

17) Press On Youth Camp! (Where our first short film action promos was filmed & Minghui!)

18) Operations 24/7 Youth Camp (Where the sequel of the short film promos continued!)

19) Like Crazy Youth Camp (Where the 'tua kang' aka 'Big Hole' camp com left us!)

20) Saturate Youth Camp (One of the most powerful youth camp ever.. Pastor Pat my hero!)

21) Audacious Youth Camp (Where we have to climb up the HILL OF SINGAPORE!)

22) Generations Service 31st May 2009 (One of the best and most heartfelt youth service ever.)

Even as we embark on a new journey, all this will be as a memorial stone that will always remind us of God's faithfulness and goodness. To see how God can use 49 common looking young people 8 years ago, to make an impact to the schools and the youth of this nation.

If God did it 8 years ago, God can do it again.. Because He is the same yesterday, today and forever. A new chapter have started, a new day have come, thank God for the great things He did in the past 8 years. But I believe greater things is ahead for both Generations & TheCity.

God..Do it again just as you did it in the days of my youth!

Apprehended
Jason Chua

No comments: