My Convictions & Confessions

Friday, April 24, 2009

Families Transformation

God has placed in my heart a vision to see families transformed through the raising up of youth to take up the responsibility to see their family saved. Not just saved, but undergo transformation and reconciliation.

I was at my mum and her twin sister's (my auntie) 60th lunar birthday celebration yesterday. Most of the people invited are my mum's immediate family and my uncle's immediate family.

It was a very funny and emotional moment for some of my relatives and cousins because the whole thing was very orchestrated and old school. My mum's eldest brother conducted us to clap and cheer etc... it was really funny...

Just a little background on why they decided to organize the celebration:

Both my mum and my auntie has nose cancer and the purpose of the celebration was to 'reunite' as a family and to allow them to experience care, love and support.

My auntie's condition is worse than my mum's as the cancer cells have already spread to the other parts of her head such as brain, eyes which has affected her eyesight, hearing, speaking etc.. As for my mum, her condition is stable and controlled.

It was rather heartbreaking to see my auntie's current condition. I rememher how she took care of me when I stayed over at her house during school holidays, fed me when I was a toddler etc.. She seems so different now...

When I went over to encourage her by asking her not to think too much and to be more positive and cheerful, she responded by 'sayanging' my face with tears in her eyes telling me to take care and thanked me for consoling her.

At that point my heart broke and I could somehow feel the pain, the heartache, the loneliness, the cries in her heart. She wasn't happy, being so lonely in the last few moments of her life.

God just spoke to me at that moment, giving me a vision to raise up youth, as young as they may be to be people who repair relationships. To have a burden for their families and stop thinking that their parents are hard to reach because of 'generation gaps'.

I personally made this mistake and i think many other people do too. We wait till a crisis sets in then we learn to treasure and cherish. The Law did not say that we should honor our father and mother when they are in crisis, in fact we have to honor them the very day when we receive Jesus into our hearts.

We ought to be a wholesome Christians, not just to be a testimony and a light to our friends, but to our family as well. What good if you can save all your friends in the world, but yet leaving your loved ones and close ones dying and going towards hell?

For the fact that they carried us in their wombs for 9 months, spent 18 years of raising us up by working so hard to give us education, shelter and food. Will you make a difference in your home and your families just by showing them the kindness and love that you received from Christ. And I believe through love, your families will not just be saved, but transformed.

Help us to see...

Jason Chua

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AMEN! Glad God has given you this vision. I do have a similar burden God put in me just recently after hearing so much from many in church that their parents are not saved and they are out of reach. It's a LIE!

I like what you said "To have a burden for their families and stop thinking that their parents are hard to reach because of 'generation gaps'."

That's why Sat mornings sessions is the mission field. It is the day of the week for salvation and sowing. God bless! ~ Isaiah Chng